Care of Metals and Semi-Precious Stones
Your jewellery has been carefully crafted for you to enjoy and will continue to shine if you take care of it and follow our tips below. All our pieces are created from 925 sterling silver and semi-precious stones and although delicate, regular cleaning can help make your jewellery last and look brand new.
- Remove when bathing or swimming as chemicals and water can contribute to tarnishing
- Remove when sleeping and taking part in physical activities to avoid accidentally rubbing or catching and damaging a piece of your jewellery
- Avoid perfumes and beauty products being applied directly to your jewellery as they can tarnish and corrode metals
- Store in dry conditions and separate stones and metals to avoid tangles and scratches
- To restore brightness to your silver, use either a silver polishing cloth or a microfiber cloth and silver polish to buff and protect the surface of your jewellery - we recommend using Goddard’s silver polish which helps release sulphur built up on the surface of your jewellery (always read the instructions carefully)
- Avoid contact of semi-precious stones with polish and clean with a moist cloth after wearing
If you require more advice, please don’t hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to help!